I was one of those very excited and enthusiastic people when Google+ started. I told everyone I know about it. I promote it within my Facebook friends. I wanted everyone to move to Google+. I very much liked the idea of “Circles.” But Google+ failed miserably to attract Facebook users. Furthermore, it failed to keep its users like myself excited about it for the following reasons:
- A newbie or a business owner can add 4,000 Google+ users in his circles within couple of hours hoping to be added back.
- Some attention seekers started irritating other users by continuously posting junks.
- Unlike Facebook and because of the circles feature all posts are impersonal.
- Instead of writing a concise post or comment some users write long paragraphs.
- When humans like something they say “like” not “+1”.
- Posting photos is much slower than in Facebook.
- Beside the hang out feature, which I never used or going to use, noting significantly new is added.
- If you can get the original (Facebook) why use an imitation copy (Google+).
There are much more bad things about Google+ but this is a quick list. To be fair, the blame is not only on Google+ it is also on those users who don’t know how to use social media by just posting links of articles they didn’t read, animated pictures circulated 1000 of times, stupid videos, and just pure junk.
It seems Google+ is another unsuccessful Google project.
I have to say sorry to Facebook because I doubted you.